Skip to content

A day of highs and lows

October 21, 2010

I feel like I NEVER stopped moving today! What a day!!! I had a simple breakfast.

I didn’t have my greek yogurt because I had to sing at noon and I avoid dairy before I sing.

Then I had classes from 9-11, a break from 11-12 (which was spent warming up/ practicing for my performance at noon), and class from 12-2. I FINALLY was able to get a quick lunch before choir at 3…

I don’t know if it was because I was STARVING by this point, but this sandwich was seriously the best thing I’ve eaten in awhile! Ezekiel bread with laughing cow cheese, spinach, and sliced tomato. Yum! And of course, some Greek yogurt with cinnamon mixed in. πŸ™‚

After choir, I ran back to my apartment, relaxed for 20 minutes and then got ready to workout. Originally I was supposed to go lift weights and then run 3 miles, but my body was telling me “NO!” Thank GOODNESS I did not lift weights because there was NO way I would have made it through my 3 miles if I had. I ended up running 3 miles today in a little over 26 minutes. Not horrible, but I was tired. It was a nice relaxing run though and I RAN OUTSIDE!!! I’m OUT of the gym for a few weeks! πŸ™‚

On the way back from my run, I stopped by campus real quick. There are two musicals this semester and the first one opened tonight (I’m in the other show which opens next month), so I made some treats for the cast.

Chocolate covered Oreos that look like apples… because the musical is called “The Apple Tree.” Get it? πŸ™‚

I had to eat a quick dinner because I was going to opening night at 7:30. My idea behind dinner tonight was to just throw together whatever I had in the fridge.

A nice spinach salad with carrots, tossed in lemon juice, topped with tilapia filet and pinto beans. I seasoned the tilapia with chili powder and a little Old Bay spice. The pinto beans were leftover from the other day and I mixed some salsa and onions with them. I was surprised how well my dinner turned out!

After a quick shower, I was off to see the show which was AMAZING! πŸ™‚

All in all my day was pretty successful, until I got back from the show.

I applied for a theatre conference/ audition at the end of the month and submitted my paperwork a day after the application went out. All my classmates have received their audition numbers but I still had not. This struck me as weird because I was the first in my department to get my paperwork/ money in and I don’t have a number. To make a long story short, I called Western Union and apparently my money order has not been cashed. Which leads me to believe two things: 1) My money order got lost in the mail or 2) The theatre conference lost my money order. I sent a very firm e-mail to the theatre conference asking them to call me in the morning to sort this out.

We’ll see what happens. I am a strong believer that things happen for a reason. I’m just a little upset that I was proactive by getting my material in EARLY and I’m getting the short end of the stick.

Till tomorrow!!! πŸ™‚

One Comment leave one →
  1. Mary Sputo permalink
    October 21, 2010 7:26 am

    Hey Sweetie… hopefully today you will find out about FTC and I too am a strong believer that things happen for a reason… yes it does suck that you did everything right being proactive and you are dealing with it at this level. An unfortunate disappointing reality.

    I love how you are creative with your meals and how simple leftovers can be tossed into something good. Keep up with the progress! Your workout schedule looks great and you are on your way to achieving your mini marathon goals. Love ya! HUGS! :-*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: