I’m a Winner!
“If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the race it’s up to you.” -Dave Scott
I love the feeling that I have accomplished so much before the clock strikes noon!
This morning my mom and I hit a local gym for a nice workout. There is still ice and snow on the ground here and after my experiences on Saturday, I didn’t want to risk falling or injuring myself further. When I woke up this morning, my knee was a bit stiff, but I was able to stretch it out pretty well with my foam roller. At the gym, I hit the treadmill for a 4 mile run. It took me 33:34 at an average pace of 8:23 per mile. I decided to do a slower pace because I didn’t want to kill my knees when I am only 18 (!) days away from my big race.
After a nice sweaty workout, I came back to my aunt’s house to cool down with a yogurt breakfast:
- 1 container of TJ’s Plain Greek Yogurt- no Chobani 😦
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 T. TJ’s Cranberry Apple Butter
- 1/8 c. TJ’s Country Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1/8 c. Dried cranberries
I also had a slice of whole wheat banana bread on the side.
Yummy yummy in my tummy. 😉
In other news, I have to send out a HUGE thanks to Kaitlyn who has passed along the “Stylish Blogger Award” onto me! 🙂 I was super excited to read that she did so and I appreciate it! Thanks girl! (Oh, and go check out her blog! She’s pretty amazing! :))
Here are seven facts about myself:
1) For as long as I could remember, I wanted to be either a physical therapist or an athletic trainer. However, during my senior year in high school, I changed my mind and decided to go to college for musical theatre. Now I am looking at graduate schools to receive a master’s degree in public health with a specialization in either Public Health Marketing and Communications or in Nutrition. Guess things are starting to come around full circle?
2) That being said if I was ever offered a role on Broadway (no matter how small the role) I would drop everything I am doing and take the part in a heartbeat. Performing on Broadway is still one of my biggest dreams. 🙂
3) I am obsessed with all things NASA and space related! My dad and I have gone to the Kennedy Space Center so many times! We even went there for our “father-daughter trip” the summer before I left for my Freshman year of college (picture below) Also, one of my favorite movies is Apollo 13!
4) I haven’t had fast food in over six years. I never really ate fast food to begin with but after watching “Super Size Me” I couldn’t even look at fast food for over a year.
5) I am obsessed with the north and cannot WAIT to get out of the south! I have always considered myself a northerner at heart. 🙂
6) Every single time I fly and check a bag, my luggage is ALWAYS searched (I always get those TSA “your bag has been searched” papers). The last time I flew back from Maryland, my box of Thin Mints was opened and two cookies were stolen! 😦
7) I took Latin in high school for 3 years and the very first word we learned was “camelopardalis” which is the Latin word for giraffe. Flash forward to college and I am now in a sorority where our mascot is…you guessed it, a giraffe. It was fate! 😉
Now to pass this lovely award onto seven of my favorite bloggers:
I love reading these blogs on a daily basis and they completely inspire me! 🙂 Congratulations ladies! 🙂
I’m off to research graduate schools! It’s crazy to think that at this time next year, I could be a college graduate!
Have a lovely Monday! Christmas is almost here!